Simply stated, biblical fasting is refraining from food for a spiritual purpose. According to the Bible, there are three duties of every Christian: give, pray and fast.
Biblical fasting takes a lot of discipline and strength—strength which you can only receive from God. Your private discipline will bring you rewards in Heaven (See Matthew 6).
BIBLICAL FASTING FOCUS
“Is this not the fast that I have chosen: To loose the bonds of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, to let the oppressed go free, And that you break every yoke?” – Isaiah 58:6 NKJV
WHY SHOULD I FAST?
1. Are you in need of healing or a miracle?
2. Do you need the tender touch of God in your life?
3. Is there a dream inside you that only God can make possible?
4. Do you desire a deeper, more intimate and powerful relationship with the Lord?
5. Do you need to break away from bondages that have been holding you hostage?
6. Is there a friend or loved one that needs Salvation?
7. Do you desire to know God’s will for your life?
…17when you fast, …18to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. - Matthew 6:17-18 NKJV
SEVEN AREAS TO PRAY FOR
1. Spirit: Growing as a disciple of Christ
2. Soul: Renewing our minds to the Word of God
3. Body: Becoming strong and healthy
4. Financial: Experiencing God’s supernatural provision
5. Relational: Developing loving and supportive relationships
6. Marriage: Building stronger marriages and families
7. Ministry: Being passionate soul winners and disciple makers
“Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.” – Heb. 6:14 NKJV
We are declaring a 21 day “Daniel Fast” (see Daniel 10:1-3; 12-14), which is a partial fast, where we will abstain from certain types of foods in order to focus on seeking the Lord through His Word and prayer.
Food Guidelines IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have any special dietary needs or medical concerns, please consult your physician.
FOODS TO EAT
- Fruits (fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned)
- Vegetables (fresh, frozen, dried, juiced or canned)
- Whole Grains (whole wheat, brown rice, whole wheat pasta, etc…)
- Nuts and Seeds
- Legumes (beans, split peas, lentils, etc…)
- Beverages (water, 100% fruit juice)
- Other (tofu, soy products, seasonings, herbs, salt, spices)
FOODS TO AVOID
- All Meat (beef, lamb, pork, poultry and fish)
- All Dairy Products (milk, cheese, cream, butter and eggs)
- All Sweets and Sweeteners (candy, sugar, raw sugar, etc…)
- All Deep Fried Foods (potato chips, french fries)
- Beverages (coffee, tea, herbal teas, sodas and energy drinks)
Be sure to check out our 40 Day Devotional & Bible Reading Plan.
[wc_button type="primary" url="http://wolhawaii.com/category/WOL-Blog/" title="WOL Blog" target="_blank" position="float"]Click Here[/wc_button]