We believe that the local church is the hope of the world – a place where people are being loved back to life. The world doesn’t need another religious institution; it needs a church that’s alive, powerful, compassionate and able to make a positive difference in people’s lives, which we are doing through the G12 Vision.
Word of Life was founded by our senior pastors, Art & Kuna Sepulveda, with the Biblical directive to, “Go, stand in the temple and speak to the people all the words of this life,” (Acts 5:20), and to, “…hold forth the word of life,” (Philippians 2:16). Our first church service was held on Sunday, September 23, 1984, and we’ve been reaching people and touching lives ever since.
Promoting people’s progress and joy in believing.
In Acts 2:40-47, we see the church in action for the very first time. And we believe it expresses God’s design for His church today. It’s from this passage that we’ve established our ten core values.
- W orship in a Corporate Gathering
- O bedience to Baptism and Communion
- R elevant Teaching of the Word of God
- D iscipleship Through Relationship
- O wnership by Attendance and Serving
- F aith for Miracles
- L ife Groups
- I mpacting Prayer
- F inancial Stewardship
- E ngaging the Great Commission
What We Believe.
- We are a New Testament local church (1 Timothy 4:11-16; Hebrews 10:24-25).
- We believe that the Bible is divinely inspired and is the revealed will of God (Deuteronomy 4:1-2; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
- We believe in the Triune Godhead: the Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20; Luke 3:21-22; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
- We believe that in order to receive salvation, one must be born again (John 3:3; Romans 10:9-10).
- We believe that all Christians should be water baptized as commanded in the Scriptures (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-28).
- We believe that all Christians are endowed with certain spiritual gifts (Romans 12:4-8; 1 Corinthians 12:18-28).
- We believe in the Baptism of the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues (Acts 1:4-5, 8; 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:2-6).